A course that nurtures the reflective practitioner in the in-service teacher
Duration of course: 18 contact hours (blended) and 6 at home hours. These can be spread over four to six days as convenient to the host school.
Take away from the course
Each teacher will develop his/her own educational toolkit containing executable ideas emerging from insights gained during the course, for implementation thereafter.
A course that nurtures the reflective practitioner in the in-service teacher by raising questions such as these:
- How well do I listen, as a teacher?
- What blocks true listening?
- What are the ways of putting myself in the shoes of another?
- Why is this so difficult to do?
- How can I enroll the other stakeholders in the education of each child?
- What are the missed opportunities for effecting positive change?
- Why are these opportunities missed?
- What are the typical traps that a teacher can fall into?
- What are the elements of effective problem-solving?
Methods of transacting the course
The course will be conducted through readings, games, take home assignments, mind maps, activities, discussions, exercises and role plays.