A course that nurtures the reflective practitioner in the in-service teacher
Duration of course: 18 contact hours (blended) and 6 at home hours. These can be spread over four to six days as convenient to the host school.
This course draws inspiration from Thinking Teacher’s recent publication, Teaching Tales, Learning Trails.
Take away from the course
Each teacher will develop his/her own educational toolkit containing executable ideas emerging from insights gained during the course, for implementation thereafter.
A course that nurtures the reflective practitioner in the in-service teacher by raising questions such as these:
- How well do I listen, as a teacher?
- What blocks true listening?
- What are the ways of putting myself in the shoes of another?
- Why is this so difficult to do?
- How can I enroll the other stakeholders in the education of each child?
- What are the missed opportunities for effecting positive change?
- Why are these opportunities missed?
- What are the typical traps that a teacher can fall into?
- What are the elements of effective problem-solving?
Methods of transacting the course
The course will be conducted through readings, games, take home assignments, mind maps, activities, discussions, exercises and role plays.